Bispectral Index™ (BIS™) monitoring enhances the clinician’s patient-targeted approach to induction, maintenance and emergence. BIS™ technology noninvasively measures and interprets brain wave activity directly related to the effects of anesthetic agents.
Among other benefits, BIS™ technology:
- Helps the clinician customize anesthetic dosing to individual patient physiologies
- Indicates hypnotic effect through the easy-to-read BIS™ index
- Facilitates improved patient outcomes as validated in multiple clinical studies
- The monitor translates the raw EEG data into the easy-to-read BIS™ index.
- The monitor provides a user-configurable display.
- The monitor is a versatile platform designed for future expandability.
BIS™ technology offers clinicians added security for providing specialized care and comfort for patients, including those who may be more sensitive to the hemodynamic effects of anesthesia.
BIS™ monitoring technology provides valuable information about patient status to help clinicians address each patient’s unique anesthetic requirements. This may be particularly valuable for:
- Patients with complex conditions whose status may suddenly or frequently change
- Patients with cardiovascular conditions
- Obese patients
- Trauma patients or others requiring reduced levels of anesthesia
- BIS™ monitoring technology enable clinicians to manage anesthetic goals of hypnosis, analgesia and immobility.
- BIS™ monitoring technology enables clinicians to assess consciousness and sedation separately from cardiovascular reactivity.
- BIS™ technology may help:
- Reduce emergence and recovery time2
- Reduce anesthetic drug use2
- Reduce the risk of awareness during surgery5,8