Bubble CPAP is a unique form of CPAP. Infants on bubble CPAP have been reported to have chest wall vibrations similar to High Frequency Ventilation (HFV).
With the combined effects of Optimal Humidity and natural pressure oscillations, bubble CPAP provides a protective, safe and effective method of respiratory support to spontaneously breathing neonates.
Infants on bubble CPAP were noted to have:
- Reduced delivery room intubations
- Decreased days on mechanical ventilation
- Reduction in postnatal steroid use
- Increased postnatal weight gain and
- No increase in complications